Nine dead in central China coal mine blast (14 February 2017 16:46)
Indonesia disaster agency says 12 killed in Bali landslides (10 February 2017 16:46)
Date: 25 December 2015 21:21
Baku, December 25, AZERTAC
Dozens of people remain trapped underground after a gypsum mine collapsed in east China’s Shandong Province today – just days after the Shenzhen landslide disaster, Xinhua reported.
Emergency crews said four of the 29 people working in the shaft in Baotai township, Pingyi County, had been rescued, leaving 25 underground.
Rescuers are struggling to reach six others whose locations have been confirmed, while the other 19 remain missing.
No further details were provided.
It comes as the more than 5,000 rescuers with over 700 excavators and bulldozers continue to shift through rubble for signs of life following Sunday’s landslide at an industrial park in the southern city of Shenzhen.
The number still missing is now 75 since one survivor was rescued on Wednesday morning. Four bodies have also been found.