Aktual mövzular: Dollar alış-satışı , İstanbulda terror, Hava haqqında, Məzənnə, Neftin qiyməti

Three Belgian terror-plot suspects released from custody

Three Belgian terror-plot suspects released from custody

Date: 2 January 2016 01:12

Belgian investigating agencies released three detainees who had been previously left in custody on suspicion of preparing terror acts in Brussels during New Year holidays, Sputnik reported with the reference to the Belgian Prosecutor General's office said Friday.

On Thursday, seven searches took place in several municipalities of the Brussels-Capital Region and in the Sint-Pieters-Leeuw municipality in the province of Flemish Brabant, according to the local authorities. Based on the searches results, the prosecutors announced the arrest for questioning of six people. Three of them were released on the same day, while another three remained in custody up to Friday.

"Within the framework of an investigation in Brussels into the threats of terrorist attacks, with key places of the capital among the possible targets, the last three of the detainees were released after questioning," the country’s federal prosecutor’s office said in a statement.


Earlier this week, two Belgians, Said Saouti and Mohammed Karay, members of the Kamikaze Riders motorcycle club, were charged with threatening terror attacks, recruiting people to fulfill them and taking part in the terrorist group’s activities.

The high threat of terror attack also prompted Brussels authorities on Wednesday to cancel the New Year's Eve fireworks planned to be held in the center of the city.


Follow us on Twitter @TRENDNewsAgency


Tags:  Three Belgian terror-plot suspects released from custody


RƏYLƏR


Top news