As is known, analogue television broadcasting in Baku city and Absheron Peninsula was ceased on October 31. And starting from November 1, Baku, Sumgait, and Absheron peninsula switched over to digital television broadcasting
Modern TV sets, including all TV sets manufactured since 2011, receive digital signals without any additional devices.
Decoders (Set-Top-Box) needed for TV sets that do not receive digital signals, can be obtained at electronic goods stores or post offices together with use specification.
No special antenna is required for receiving digital broadcast signals. Thus, TV programs in digital format can be viewed through an antenna designed for analog broadcasting.
The owners of TV sets that do not receive digital signals can buy a “NPR-4000T” digital converter box from an electronic goods store or post office in order to receive digital TV programs broadcast in the DVB-T standard.
Instructions for installation of a “NPR-4000T” digital converter box are given below:
- Connect the TV antenna into IN RF output on the back of the digital converter box
- Connect one end of the A/V cable with 3 cords of different colors to the inputs on the back of the digital converter box: VIDEO (yellow), R-AUDIO (red) and L-AUDIO (white)
- Connect the other end of the A/V cable to the inputs on the back or the side of the TV-set: VIDEO (yellow), R-AUDIO (red) and L-AUDIO (white)
- If there are only IN VIDEO (yellow) and R-AUDIO (red) or IN VIDEO (yellow) and L-AUDIO (white) inputs on the back of the TV-set, connect A/V cable only to these two inputs
- Connect the electric power cable of the digital converter box to 220 V electrical power network. If the red indicator on the front left side of the digital converter box lights up, push “POWER” button on the remote control to convert the TV-set to AV mode
- Press on "Menu" button on the remote control to enter the menu
- Using “Left”, “Right”, “Up” and “Down” buttons on the remote control, select "Search" option in the menu and then select "Automatic" or "Manual" mode.
- To search for channels in "Manual" mode, choose the channel frequency in accordance with the digital channel of the residential area where the digital converter box is located (for example, TV channels 37 and 48 must be selected for Baku) and press “OK” button.
Note that citizens can receive answers to their questions regarding the installation of a digital converter box on a TV-set by calling “1411” hotline or visiting the website “www.dvbt.az”.