Street fightings continue in Yemen's Aden, dozens killed

03:53 8 Aprel 2015
54 Dünya
Ölkə mətbuatı
A- A+

[ 08 April 2015 04:47 ]

Baku-APA. Tribal militiamen allied with Yemen's President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi and dozens of Houthi gunmen on Tuesday continued their street battles over the control of Yemen's southern port city of Aden, leaving about 16 people killed, APA reports quoting Xinhua.

A local medical official in Aden's public hospital said that "about 16 dead bodies were brought today (Tuesday) to hospitals and there are dozens of people injured."

An official at the Ministry of Health branch in Aden told Xinhua that "the latest casualties figures since the beginning of fighting till today reached 225 killed and 1600 injured."

A local government official based in Aden said on condition of anonymity that "the two warring rivals are still battling over the control of Aden's main port located in Mu'alla district of Aden and some key government institutions there."

"Aden's infrastructure was partially damaged by the ongoing conflict. Several residential buildings in Mu'alla district were set on fire," the government source said.

As the fighting continues, Aden's people suffer of massive water and foods shortages. Many people travelling far and wide to get basic amenities, according to local Yemeni sources.

Meanwhile, a top military official told Xinhua by phone that hundreds of pro-Hadi tribal militiamen backed by army units, covered by Saudi-led coalition forces air support, regained control over the Anad Strategic Military base and a number of key positions from Houthi gunmen in neighboring southern Lahj province on Tuesday.

Lahj's newly appointed governor confirmed to Xinhua in an exclusive phone interview that "the paramilitary forces are still progressing slowly and cautiously from their positions to Aden's outskirts, because the Houthi militants planted dozens of bombs in the roads leading to Aden's entrances, while sporadic clashes and sniper shots were also behind the slow advance of the pro-Hadi forces who sustained some casualties."

The Saudi-led coalition forces launched Tuesday afternoon about five airstrikes against military bases and positions controlled by Houthis inside Aden and in neighboring Lahj province, with no immediate reports of casualties.

The security situation in Yemen has sharply deteriorated since early March when conflicts erupted in several provinces in the country's southern regions.

A coalition led by Saudi Arabia started late last month airstrikes on Houthi targets in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa and other cities, saying the multinational action is to protect President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi's legitimacy and force the Houthis to retreat from cities they have seized since September 2014.



Xəbərin orijinal ünvanı: http://en.apa.az/xeber_street_fightings_continue_in_yemen_s_ade_225373.html

Şahid olduğunuz hadisələrin video və ya fotosunu çəkərək bizə göndərin:
0552252950 (Whatsapp)
loading...

RƏYLƏR

BU KATEQORİYADAN DİGƏR XƏBƏRLƏR