Aktual mövzular: Dollar alış-satışı , Hava haqqında, Qarabağ, Qəbələ, Məzənnə, Neftin qiyməti

63 people confirmed dead in Indonesian ferry disaster

63 people confirmed dead in Indonesian ferry disaster

Kazakhstan launches Kuryk ferry complex on Trans Caspian route (07 December 2016 19:46)
25 killed, dozens trapped under rubble after Indonesian earthquake (07 December 2016 09:46)
Two miners dead, six missing after earthquake hits Polish mine (30 November 2016 14:46)

Date: 25 December 2015 19:21


Baku, December 25, AZERTAC
The death toll from a ferry disaster in central Indonesia has risen to 63 with a handful of people still missing as the search and rescue operation winds down.
Search and rescue agency chief Bambang Soelistyo today said 103 passengers aboard the ill-fated boat had been recovered – with just 40 found alive.
“If the information is correct, we are still searching for 15 other missing people,” Soelistyo said, adding that all the bodies found so far were within the search area.
The ferry operator said the boat was carrying 116 people when it ran into trouble, but Soelistyo said there were two canteen staff who were not mentioned on the manifest.
Ten vessels – including navy warships – and two aircraft are scouring the seas for any sign of the missing, while families wait anxiously for news in Siwa, the port town where the stricken vessel was heading.
Soelistyo said the search should end tomorrow but could be extended depending on a final evaluation of the operation.
The ferry sank on rough seas last Saturday with survivors describing massive waves smashing into the vessel before the engine died and the order was made to abandon ship.
The Indonesian archipelago of more than 17,000 islands is heavily dependent on ferry services.

Tags:  people confirmed dead in Indonesian ferry disaster



RƏYLƏR


Top news